Re: orion Deut 32:8 in the DSS

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:17:15 -0500 (EST),  kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu writes:

>> >  This list below doesn't agree in any great detail with the Index
>> >  from Wise, Abegg and Cook _Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation_.
>> >  I understand his are the only pieces now readable in English.
>> >  Is it that your list hasn't been translated?  Please explain.
>> >Tom Simms
>
>The index in the W-A-C volume is to the materials translated in that

>volume, which do NOT include biblical manuscript fragments. The list that
>was supplied here earlier, is a list of the biblical fragments, which in
>general do not need translating. Apples and Oranges, it seems!
>
>Bob
>--

Excuse me, but your answer is confusing.  The W-A-C volume makes no mention
of the limitation you give.  Why would Hebrew not need translating if
 the scholarly community is to know how many of the fragments are
translatable.  If they're not, please tell us and you can get on with
piecing the fragments so you can increase the amount of readable or
usuable material.

It might be useful if we outsiders could know just how much more of
the text material will be beyond recovery.  We'd not be so likely
to hold our breaths waiting...<sG>

Tom Simms

For private reply, e-mail to Tom Simms <tsimms@mailserv.nbnet.nb.ca>