orion SSSSchechter's Translation of CD

Since I was unable to locate an English translation of the Damascus
Document on the Net or elsewhere in available electronic form, I've
electronified Schechter's 1910 translation as an aide to the study of this
text, and a basis for appreciating the contributions of the DSS fragments
to a fuller reconstruction and better understanding of this material.
The file is to be found through my home page (below), under courses, RelSt
225 (DSS).

Although I have made various format adjustments in the translation, it is
intended for "public domain" use. A next step would be to add the parallel
materials from the DSS, showing how they fill in blanks and help to
adjudicate ambiguities or conjectural renderings by Schechter. Help
yourself. But let us know how it turns out!

Some of you might also be interested in the evolution of Gaster's old
Index in the draft found on my DSS course page (the Index is very much in
progress, and suggestions as well as contributions would be most welcome).

Bob
--
kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu
For private reply, e-mail to kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu (Robert Kraft)