Re: orion Essenes = 'osey hatorah?

asia@checkpoint.com wrote:

> In essence, what I want to ask is this: can any description appearing in a
> text be taken as a label, or would you be able to point out something that
> distinguishes labels from descriptions in the case of "osei ha-Tora"?

Good question, but you may have more options to reckon with:  should you
add "slogan" to label and description?  One could suggest that we no
longer have a description when the term or phrase has been shortened to
the point that it makes little or no sense without knowing the object of
the action used to label.

David Suter
Saint Martin's College

--