Re: orion Essenes = 'osey hatorah?

Dear Stephen Goranson,
     Your article and previous postings did not make it clear that you
considered "doers of the law" to be the complete Essene self-designation.  I
therefore took your recent reference to the Essenes as 'osey hatorah to be a
development in your thinking on the subject.  That said, your discussion of
"long and short forms of (self-)designation" seems entirely reasonable, and I
can accept that 'osey could theoretically be a short form of 'osey hatorah.
Thank you for the clarification.
    (Whether a credible case can be made from Epiphanius and Philo that the
term Essene derives from 'osey is of course a different matter.)

Best wishes,
Russell Gmirkin

For private reply, e-mail to RGmyrken@aol.com