orion Re: Birkat Ha-Minim

    [The following text is in the "iso-2022-jp" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Rolf Furuli wrote:

> Jack Kilmon wrote:
> >
> >Are we assuming the term was coined around the time of the Birkhat ha_minim
> >(85 CE) or simply that there is no usage known prior to the emergence of
> >the Pharisees?
> >

> Where can I find any written material about  Birkhat ha_minim?
>
> Regards
>
> Rolf Furuli
> Lecturer in Semitic languages
> University of Oslo

There is an article called:
"Birkat Ha-Minim and the Lack of Evidence for an Anti-Christian Jewish
Prayer in Late Antiquity" by Rueven Kimelman
in: E.P. Sanders et al (eds), Jewish and Christian Self-Definition vol 2
(Lodon: SCM Press, 1981)
if you are lloking for a secondary literature.

Akio ITOU
Assistant Professor of NT
Tokyo Christian University
For private reply, e-mail to Akio ITOU <akioitojapan@nrm.root.or.jp>