Re: orion Chanukah, Tefillin and Minim

Let's be blunt.  There is no known usage prior to its appearance in a ca C3
ce text we call the Mishnah. That text talks about the birkat ha-minim, but
it does not provide sufficient evidence for dating the blessing to the C1.
Paul
Paul V.M. Flesher, Director
Religious Studies Program
University of Wyoming
Laramie, WY 82071-3353 USA

(307) 766-2616 Office (307) 766-3189 Fax
PFlesher@uwyo.edu

For private reply, e-mail to Paul Flesher <pflesher@uwyo.edu>