Re: orion Holzfest???

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Friend of yours will find a lot of information specifically on that
subject in :

Delcor, Matthias. 1987.
"Réflexions sur la fête de la Xylophorie dans le Rouleau du Temple et
les textes parallèles", Revue de Qumran 12. 561-569.

Dave Washburn wrote:

> All these feasts are familiar
> enough except for one he calls (in German) the "Holzfest," some
> sort of
> feast/festival/celebration involving "wood"(?). I've never heard of
> this. After unsuccessfully searching some encyclopedias, I asked a
> practicing Jew who is also a Talmudic scholar of sorts (albeit not a
> Qumran scholar), and he didn't have a clue.
> The Temple Scroll passage is 23:11...

Christophe Batsch
11 cité Voltaire F-75011 Paris
tel :	 01 43 67 65 63