Re: orion Assistance on DJD XXIII

According to stephen goranson:

> Greetings, Sigrid,
> I think some other list members are better informed about what you ask,
> but, until they respond, here's a provisional answer:
> It appears (from merely a quick look) that the Cave 11 / DJD XXIII editors
> did not share de Vaux's provisional description. Perhaps the item de Vaux
> referred to is one of the small fragments of what is now called 11Q22
> paleoUnidentified Text, or 11Q23 crypticA Unidentified Text, or one of the
> other unidentified or unclassified bits in DJD XXIII.
> Stephen Goranson
> goranson@duke.ed

Yes, I had looked at the Table of Contents on the Orion Web site, and
found out the designations of the pieces, which don't describe any
Phoenician, whether because de Vaux's fragment was of only two letters, or
because it looks like something else to someone else, or because it isn't
in the sample, or because the letters have disappeared, or other
possibilities that could be generated, I don't know.

I guess that the volume is not out yet, or so recently out that it hasn't
been received and catalogued here at Penn.

Sigrid Peterson   UPenn petersig@ccat.sas.upenn.edu