orion Wise: First Messiah

Hello, orion list,
	On 19 Oct, I quoted the advertising copy for a forthcoming book by
Dr. Michael O. Wise, _The First Messiah: Investigating the Savior Before
Jesus_ (that's the correct subtitle, which included a typo last time).
Having seen the ad only--not the book--I wrote, among other things, that
the ad seemed sensationalistic. For another point of view and for further
information, below is a 21 Oct message from Prof. James D. Tabor. I forward
this with permission from him as well as from our list moderator, Dr.
Avital Pinnick. Thanks.
best wishes,
Stephen Goranson
goranson@duke.edu
fax (Duke U., Religion Dept.) (919) 660-3530