orion Orion Center announcements

Greenfield Scholars Seminar

The first meeting of the Greenfield Seminars will take place on November
5, 1998, 12:15-13:45, in the seminar room of the Dean of the Faculty of
Arts (rm 5411, humanities wing, Mt. Scopus).

Lecturer: Prof. Michael E. Stone
Dept. of Religion
Hebrew University
Topic: "Apocryphal Elements in Armenian Tradition"

The seminars are open to university faculty and research students.

***********

Coffee Hour

Our first coffee hour will be held on Thursday, Oct. 29, 1998, 12:15-13:00
in the Scholars Room (6115, humanities wing, Mt. Scopus). All are welcome
to come for coffee, cake and informal chat.

***********

E-mail problems

My apologies to anyone who has sent inquiries to our general account,
msdss@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il, and has been waiting for a reply. I normally
answer mail promptly but someone sent an extremely large file to the
account during the holidays. The inbox froze and I was only able to take
care of the problem this morning (thanks to Vladimir, our systems
analyst). I will answer all inquiries as quickly as I can.
	For those of you who might want to send us articles or scans by
e-mail, please note that our mailbox limit is 4M. Anything over a few
pages should be sent by snail mail.

**********

Web site

Various notices for positions, calls for papers and conferences have been
posted on the Orion web site, under "Bulletin Board." If you miss
something from H-Judaica which is relevant to Jewish studies in the Second
Temple Period, you may find it on that page.

**********

Annual Symposium

Our Fourth International Symposium will take place January 27-31, 1999.

"Historical Perspectives: Jewish History from the Maccabees to Bar Kochba
in Light of the Dead Sea Scrolls."

Mt. Scopus, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.

More details, abstracts, etc., will be published as they become available,
either here on the list or on our web site.

Avital Pinnick, Ph.D.                                   tel: 972-2-588-2063
list moderator/bibligrapher                             fax: 972-2-588-3584
Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls
http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il - DSS bibliography updated weekly.