Re: orion Scroll coverings; rectangular patterns Gammadia?

Dr. Petersen and Orionites,

I would be curious to know what these pattterns on the linen coverings of
scrolls looked like.

Were they the familiar gammadia [squares ] similar to those found on the
cloth depicted on a late [520 A.D.]  Ravenna Mosaic  of Melchisedec
offering bread
and wine at an altar [Genesis 14:18-20]?

I also propose and alternate hypothesis for the tight weave of the linen
I suspect that  the reason for the tightness of the weave of the linen
may be that the weaver knew the scrolls were being secreted to come forth
centuries later.
A tight weave would protect the scrolls from various hazards.

Randall Larsen
University of Hawaii at Manoa
[no decoding necessary]

Sigrid Peterson wrote:

> According to SAbramo884@aol.com:
> >
> > I reread a paperbound ed. of an old book on the DSS.  Principally the
cave 1
> > scrolls, but also the cave 4 ones.
> > It was indicated that there was also found linen coverings for the
> > with patterns on them.
> > There was blue thread runing in rectangular patterns.
> > Anyone know what the significance of the patterns was?
> > Any information about the persons who wove these covers available?
Can we