Re: orion HIPPOLYTUS: THE ESSENE TEXT (fwd)

Has anyone investigated the possible line from some sort of early Judaism
through Elxai to Mani on this matter. Mani's attitudes to living things
might be understandable not only in terms of Persian backgrounds, but also
with reference to some "Jewish Christian" scruples that might be reflected
in Hippolytus' account.

Bob
--
kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu