Re: orion phylacteries at Qumran

Thanks Robert,

Actually, I was aware of UMI and have tried to find the dissertation below at
their site. If I understood correctly, their database searching is limited to
more recent dissertations. So I sent an e-mail with the citation and asked for
an order number. That was about, well, the 16th. No reply yet. They want that
extra $20, don't they :-).

If anyone does have access to a library that subscribes to their databases, I
would really appreciate the order number---but please, I am not expecting
anyone to go out of their way. Here I sit with worldwide access---but the
nearest library with the info is most likely University of Tennessee,
Knoxville, 60 miles away. I will also blunder around their site and see if I
can get this info.

Thank you all very much. Not only am I interested in the subject, but would
like to replicate some of these tefillin. There is a simple, but powerful
beauty in them. (I have a decent "Herodian" hand, and also play with reeds,
diptychs, inks, etc.).

Sorry to be so needy,
Shalom,
Tim