Re: orion Re: Isaiah 61:1

> >...the Hebrew Masoretic text has "anavim" - humble, rather
> >than "anniyim" - poor.  (The difference is a change in a single letter;
> I'd be
> >curious to know what the DSS Isaiah Scroll reads.)

1QIsa(a) reads "anavim" with MT; 11QMelch has a very short paraphrase
of one phrase in the verse but does not include this word; 1QIsa(b)
includes the verse and what is extant follows the MT, but I don't
know for sure if it includes that specific word.  That's all I have
on this verse.
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
When in doubt, go for chocolate.  Life is too short
not to.