orion Cryptic A + Magarians

I'm writing with two unrelated ideas in my mind:
(1)With regard to Cryptic script A (e.g. 4Q298, 4Q317), has anyone
noted the similarities between cryptic/esoteric taw and the Ethiopic
letter t?
(2)With regard to the question of the identification of the Qumran
sect and related topics, does anyone know of a discussion of Jaqub
al-Qirqisani's 'History of Jewish Sects' which raises this issue?
Qirqisani mentions a Second Temple sect known as 'Magarians,' on
account of the fact that their texts were found in a cave this is a
paraphrase, not a quotation).

James Harding
University of Sheffield