RE: orion Hirschfeld JNES and Lisan peninsula

	Stephen,

	Something about the geography of the above is off.  Ituraea is
in the Bika Valley between the Lebanon and Hermon mountain ranges, not
across the basin of the Dead Sea -- although perhaps this detail might
in some way support the literal reading of "Damascus" in the Damascus
Document if this is one of the places from which the Essenes come.

	David Suter
	Saint Martin's College