Re: orion thanks; Tov; scribes

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Stephen Goranson wrote:
> If there was such a change in Israel, would it also involve
> changes in posture of scribes?

    Your mention of posture makes me think of the "scriptorium
tables" that would require a rather unusual and uncomfortable
posture for someone who would work long hours penning a skin.
In this regard, I find it difficult to believe that many years
of scriptorial activity on these tables would not produce
identifiable evidence on the table surface such as ink strokes,
spots, perhaps even microscopic remnants of writing substrate,
scratches, etc.  Have the tables/benches been subjected to
microscopic analysis?

Jack

--
D^Òman dith laych idneh d^ÒnishMA nishMA
   Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)

 http://www.historian.net