Re: orion "LEATHER SCROLLS"?

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Richard H. Anderson wrote:

> Office wrote:
> >
> > "LEATHER"?
> >
> Were tanners, tentmakers and other persons who worked with animal skins
> ritually unclean?  Did such persons neeed to undergo some type of
> immersion ceremony to participate in the community worship services,
> enter the temple or enter a synagogue?

	I don't believe the final product of parchment was considered
unclean.  No scribe would write biblical texts, including the
tatragrammaton
on something unclean.  Those that killed the animal, skinned it, soaked
the
skin, scraped it, limed it, etc would probably have to undergo
purification
before they touched the final product.

Jack

--
D^Òman dith laych idneh d^ÒnishMA nishMA
   Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)

 http://www.historian.net