Re: orion Red, green, blue inks

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

On April 28, '98, Jim West wrote:

>These appear to be fragments that have suffered oxidization.  There is NO
>way to determine if the scribe used different ink colors.  Thus, such a
>hypothesis (as presented by Altman via Crowder), in indemonstrable.

  With due respect, isn't that a bit hasty.  You are saying that amid the
entire corpus of scrolls written in black ink, we have three examples of
oxidation resulting in these colors.  What sort of phenomenon might account
for such a rare and unique reaction?

  David Crowder
  El Paso