Re: orion 4Q246 Son of God

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

>  Chemistry aside, I have heard from at least one person privately who said
>the traditional Jewish injunction against copying biblical texts in any
>color but black cannot be relied upon.  That may be, but it stood and was
>understood for many centuries.  The Archaeometry piece was useful in that
>it led us to the fact that there were texts written in other colors as
>well.  So, given the fact that CE copists who were believers in Jesus (in
>lieu of that near-forbidden term) would have had no compunction about using
>the kind red, blue or green inks found in Qumran texts, it is hard for us
>to be convinced by the lack of a "contemporaneous" rule found at Qumran on
>black ink -- or red, green and blue ink for that matter -- if that makes
>any sense.
>
>  David Crowder
>  El Paso

You have mentioned the blue and green ink before.  I know of _no_ texts
which have blue or green ink.  Can you give us the numbers of the
scrolls/frgs. which you claim have this ink?

(And is it possible that what you are seeing is oxidation of one or more of
the elements which make up the ink?)

Cb

   C h r i s t i a n   M   M    B r a d y
      Assoc. Director * Jewish Studies