Re: orion Cave 4 again

Jim West wrote:
> >1. Is it really reasonable to suppose that (presumably) heavy wooden
> >planks would rot away before sheets and rolls of leather did, leaving
> >only the leather items behind?  It seems to me that the leather would
> >have rotted away long before the wood did, but I'm willing to be
> >convinced otherwise.
> >

> Perhaps the wood was eaten by little buggies while the scrolls, sealed in
> jars, were not quite so accesible.  (just a thought, not a firm commitment).

This is the first I've heard about the cave 4 scrolls being in jars??
 My understanding was that they were just scattered all over the
floor of the cave.  What evidence is there that they were in jars?
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
Scholarese, n. A dialect that consists entirely of
multiverbal circumlocutions and polysyllabic verbiages.