Re: orion Divorce and poligamy in NT and DSS

>Judith - I plead guilty to orthographic mistakes, but did I also understand
>you correctly as saying that DSS do not prohibit polygyny?

 I was speaking generally about Jewish texts from the period -- I am no
expert in DSS and certainly did not mean to imply that I knew one way or
the other about any particular DSS.  The general answer seemed to be that
polygyny was still occurring and that in most of the contemporary
literatures it is not specifically disapproved.

The text you cite indicates that the writer of at least one of the  DSS
scrolls did disapprove it explicitly and I thank you for the citation.
One learns something new and important every day.

Thank you

Judith Romney Wegner
jrw@brown.edu