Re: orion Divorce and poligamy in NT and DSS

Hello -

I actually, I re-read the article in question. It is by Broshi himself, a
review of several DSS related books (Jerusalem Post, Jan 20 '95, "Scrolls
Primers"). The notion that both DSS and NT object to divorce and poligamy
is presented as an idea from one of the books reviewed, J. Fitzmeyer's

>From the article:

	"Fitzmyer avers that nothing in the Scrolls contradicts anything that is
sacred to Christians. One can learn by reading his book how better we
understand the Sermon on the Mount, that the Essenes preceded Jesus in
banning divorce (and all the more so polygamy), how a passage in one of
Paul's epistles reads like a quotation from the scrolls, and much more."

Best Regards,	Asia Lerner