Re: orion Orion 1. Cognitive dissonance, 2. "The Essene Shore"

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Sigrid Peterson correctly noted that I did not use the term "cognitive
dissonance" in my original contribution. Having translated a book based on
Festingerīs famous (and long falsified) study back in 1983 from Swedish to
English, I knew the concept and would not have considered it in this place.
In any case, the term "cog. diss." has nothing to do with the failure to
abandon a previously-held *theory* if its underpinnings become falsified.
Even when current, it was not an epistemological tool.

I also quite agree with SP that the term "Essene" seems inappropriate to
the DSS discussion.

best regards,

Fred Cryer