Re: orion Hirschfeld implications

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Sorry, Virgil. Knowledge is not just a matter of putting everything in nice
arrangements. Itīs a matter of testing the theories which give existing
arrangements meaning. If the theory fails, then the jury is simply out to
lunch until a new theory unites our perceptions and is subjected to
rigorous testing. And so on. We can show what is *not* the case, but not,
obviously, what is. But for that very reason, once a given arrangement has
been cashiered, there is no retreat back to it, and no logical defence of
it possible.

best,

Fred