Re: orion Looking for a font

Here's another option for getting the file:  I had the same problem with
saving the file and discovered on the other hand that it showed up in the
cache for Netscape under a somewhat different name.  When I pointed my
font utility at the cache folder under Netscape, it showed up in the font
utility as QumranHeb, or something like that, and I was able to install
the font.  I then moved the file from cache to Windows/system where all
the other ttf font files are located, because it would eventually be
erased from the cache.

The one comment that I have is that the keyboard arrangement is different
from the other Hebrew fonts that I use.  If there were a way of arranging
it following the pattern of SHebrew from Silver Mountain it would be more
useful for me.

David Suter
Saint Martin's College

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 dwashbur@nyx.net wrote:

> Jim West wrote:
> > At 01:23 AM 2/6/98 +0300, you wrote:
> >

> > >Visit URL http://cool.uni-ulm.de/teilnehmer/charly16/afindex.htm
> > >or post to
> > >andreasf@Lug-Kirchheim.bw.Schule.de
> > >
> > >The owner is A.F. who created Qumran TrueType font and perhaps others. I
> > >don't know who is he.
> > >

> > I attempted to get this font- followed the link- and got nothing.  What am I
> > doing wrong and can anyone advise me as to how to get it right?
> >
> For some reason, in Netscape at least, it downloads as a regular text
> file.  A couple of solutions:
>
> Using Netscape for Windows, you can right-click on the link, choose
> "Save Link As" and download it that way.
>
> Alternatively, Basil also privately sent me a copy of this font in a
> zip file.  I just put a link to that file on my home page.  Most
> browsers should let you download a zip file as a binary and save it.
> The link is under "Dead Sea Scrolls."  Hopefully it will work all
> right.  Let me know if it doesn't.
>
> The address is http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/
>
> Dave Washburn
> http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
> "Now I have $2736.15.  Every time I count my $500,
> I get a different amount."

David W. Suter
Saint Martin's College
Lacey, WA 98503