Re: orion Hirschfeld implications

> Hi Jack!
>
> I agree with everything you said, except the notion of a DSS sect. This
> still seems to be an assumption based on the Qumran-DSS-Essene theory.

I'm going to jump into this exchange between George and Jack for just
a moment to expand the above thought a little.  A sub-assumption of
the Qumran-DSS-Essene theory is that the sect wrote and/or copied the
scrolls.  With that sub-assumption, Jack's analogy using the
diversity of his own library tends to break down.  Gathering books on
various and diverse subjects, some agreed-with, some not, is quite a
different activity than acting as a scribe and laboriously cranking
out handwritten copies of them.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Now I have $2736.15.  Every time I count my $500,
I get a different amount."