Re: orion Hirschfeld implications

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

There is such a lot of freight that that poor site in Qumran is being made
to bear. At last summerīs summit in Jerusalem, Josef Patrich, of Haifa
Univ., maintained that the dwellings in Qumran that can be shown to have
been inhabited in the first CE as opposed to storage and production
facilities only leave room for a settlement consisting of ca. 12-15 people.
Jodi Magness, predictably, disagreed with him, but thatīs not my point. My
point is we shouldnīt run the risk of stretching the interpretation of a
given site in order to shoehorn some theory or other about the texts into
agreement...

Fred Cryer