Re: orion Ethiopic, Coptic and Arabic fonts

Jonathan,
  You can download free Coptic and Syriac fonts from the Scholars Press
website, maintained by James Adair, using the following URL:

ftp://scholar.cc.emory.edu/pub/fonts/

The font names are Achmim for Coptic, and Edessa, for Syriac, each
prefixed by the initials SP -- for Scholars Press. The Syriac font
is Estrangela; if you need another type of Syriac script I do know
someone who can get a Serta font (I think it is).

Tiberius and Ezra are Hebrew/Aramaic fonts at the same location, and
Ionic is a Greek font.

There are separate directories housing Macintosh and Windows varieties of
the fonts, which are true-type fonts.

There is an Arabic Web site in Oregon with lots of learning materials and
some fonts, though I'm not where I can easily refind it. I haven't tried
to find Ethiopic fonts, so I'm not familiar with the resources.

According to Jonathan D. Safren:

Sigrid Peterson    UPenn   petersig@ccat.sas.upenn.edu