Re: orion re: "Damascus"

Dave Washburn wrote;

>Agreed.  IMO such views give the Qumran site much more significance
>to its contemporaries than it actually had.  Qumran is highly
>significant to us since its discovery and the discovery of the
>scrolls, but that is no indication that anybody in Jerusalem of
>Paul's day gave it more than a passing glance.

How right you are, Dave!   My guess would be,  approximately the same
amount as the Jesus movement attracted in Jerusalem during  his time there!
It was only after the crucifixion that the new religion really "took off."
What actual evidence (outside of the NT, that is)  do we have to the
contrary?  (Forged paragraphs in Josephus don't count, of course!)

Judith Romney Wegner