Re: orion cryptic scripts

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Jim West wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone cares to offer a rationale as to why some
> Qumran
> documents (specifically 4Q298) are written in some cryptic script.  To
> what end?

    To keep you from reading it, Jim (g).  I think the cryptic scrolls
were so
written to keep the novices or initiates to the "yahad" from reading
them
until they reached a stage when they were ready for "secret wisdom."

Jack

--
D’man dith laych idneh d’nishMA nishMA
   Jack Kilmon (jpman@accesscomm.net)