RE: orion: Scholars and Others [was: Altman and Crowder]

>How would you "classify" for example Professor Eisenman on
>the one hand and Allegro on the other.
>
>Ever
>

>Mike
>
>Mike_Sanders@photoad.com (private e-mail)
>BibleMysteries@photoad.com (web site e-mail)
>
>http://www.photoad.com/BibleMysteries/

By the criteria I laid out in my previous message, both are trained,
competant scholars.  To be a scholar is to have the training and the
intellectual ability to participate in scholarship.  To do (publish)
scholarship is to enter into a debate or discussion with other scholars.
To be a scholar does  not necessarily make one "right."

Paul

Paul V. M. Flesher, Director
Religious Studies Program
University of Wyoming