Re: orion Two questions.

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

At 02:39 PM 12/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>fred cryer wrote:
>
>> Excellent, Mark. A question that keeps returning to haunt me is: why
>> Qumran, both inaccessible and waterless, when there was the readily
>> accessible site of Ein Feshka, with its own spring? What does Qumran´s
>> site
>> have that could possibly outweigh its disadvantages?
>

>Cable TV?? (g)
>
>--
>   Jack Kilmon

This has got to be the right answer!  Perhaps the qumranites not only
translated biblical texts- but also, to earn extra shekalim, wrote reviews
for the tv guide of the day!  Perhaps, indeed, the Rule of the Communtiy is
a tv review!!!

(just kidding, in case there are folk named Judith who think otherwise).

A bit of levity to bring a rather gloomy day to an end.  Sorry, Avital.

Jim

Jim West
Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology