RE: orion translation central?

Perhaps Professor West would be kind enough to answer the
following problem.

Had the OT been composed in Greek at the time of the
Hasmoneans, would there not have been a greater knowledge
of the Persian period which has always caused the
Talmudists  great problems with their chronology. Because
they follow the OT  they lose about 165 years during the
Persian  era.

It is interesting to note that if their chronology is used
(as seems likely) then the time period mentioned in the
Damascus  Document ( 390 + 20  after Nebuchadnezer ) would
suggest an Herodian rather than an Hasmonean era for its
origin.

Ever

Mike

Mike_Sanders@photoad.com (private e-mail)