Re: orion Gnosticism

Jim,

   > >influences on Gnosticism?  At least Xian Gnosticism?

   > Not if gnosticism (in some form) predated these sects.
	Okay, how many times have we read something to the effect that
Gnosticism had its roots in Zoroastrianism, apocalypticism, Judaism,
or whatever? Then when we looked for a 1st CE text that was considered
Jewish *and* Gnostic we found only allusions to early Kabbalah?
	Jim, have you read _Rethinking Gnosticism: An Argument for
Dismantling a Dubious Category_ by Michael Williams (1996)?
	Best,

Virgil Brown
vcbrown@Delphi.com