Re: orion Spaceless "BYTYHWH" inscription

At 07:13 PM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
> If the Temple was the
>BYTYHWH, then the palace was the BYTDWD!!  The little
>feller with the slingshot and harp who became king is as historical
>as the 1st Temple.
>
>Jack

Like Jack, I hope to examine the article myself first thing tomorrow.  But
it seems to me that the most such a sherd can prove is that something called
a bytyhwh was referred to on a piece of pottery.  WIhtout context, date, and
datable material we cannot presume that such a small piece of evidence
proves either a temple or a monarchy.

Jim

Jim West
Adjunct Professor of Bible