Re: orion Spaceless "BYTYHWH" inscription

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

> The inscription appears to be some kind of a receipt for (or at least
> record of)  a donation to a temple called *BYTYHWH*  (that is,  BYT
> YHWH
> written as one word with no space between BYT and YHWH --  similar to
> the
> Tel Dan inscription, which  (albeit in square Aramaic characters)
> likewise
> lacks a space between BYT and DWD.   It is written in ancient Hebrew
> characters and is claimed to refer to the First Temple.  (Apparently a
> full
> report will soon appear in the Near Eastern Archaeologist).

    Thank you for this info, Judith.  I'll make it a point to get the
BAR first thing in AM.  Any artifact of, or about, and contemporaneous
with the 1st Temple is fascinating...but what is fascinating me is that
this ostracon may be evidence of the *precedent* of omitting the
space when referring to a "building of..."  If the Temple was the
BYTYHWH, then the palace was the BYTDWD!!  The little
feller with the slingshot and harp who became king is as historical
as the 1st Temple.

Jack

--
D’man dith laych idneh d’nishMA nishMA