Re: orion Jars and 1a & 1b dates

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Stephen Goranson wrote:

>  Jodi
> Magness did not write "silly rumors." In the post below--unless I have
> read
> it wrong--Fred Cryer has written a crass, personal, anti-intellectual
> attack.

    As an observer of this extremely interesting and informative thread
betweenyou, Dr. Magness, Greg,  and Dr. Cryer..and hence, a "consumer,"
of the
discussion, I did not read offense in Dr. Cryer's remark as directed to
Dr. Magness.
My impression is that he was comparing the long hesitation of the Ecole
Biblique in publishing de Vaux's data to the looooong hesitation of the
"core"
DSS scholars in making texts available to the world scholarly
community...
hence the former could lead to "silly rumores" just as the latter
certainly did
(conspiracies, etc.).

Jack

--