Re: orion Spaceless "BYTYHWH" inscription

Date of inscription, please!

Sass is OK, and he says it is genuine, I am likely to believe it.

However, which bytyhwh does the inscription speak of? The one in
Jerusalem or another one. If we speak of so-called first temple
period, there were probable scores of temples of YHWH - probably also
later ... and is it a surprise? After all we have scores if not
hundred of Yahwistic names from the Iron Age.

But as Philip says, it it makes it more likely that BYTDWD written in
the same manner is a reference to a building, so much the better,
from my point of view.

NPL

Niels Peter Lemche
Dep. Biblical Studies