Re: orion response to R. Gmirkin (long)

   I am a bit suprised that the many sources on the Hasideans is very much
ignored. There are perhaps hundreds of references to the Hasideans in
Mishnaic sources; from life style, to folkways, from martyrologies to
victories. Why is it so ignored? Example: Jose ben Joezer (my choice for
RT) was a leader of the Hasidean movement who was killed by his nephew,
Alcimus (IMHO the WP).
   Jose ben Joezer, as some may know, was the first Nasi of the Sanhedrin
Gadol. A high profile historical figure, a little too high for a leader of
a fictious group. I wouls suggest a quick glance at the Jewish
Encyclopaedia or the Encyclopaedia Judaica. The Hasidean/Essene connection
is textbook material. If you feel that any of what I have presented is
unscientific the burden of proof is on you and you must present the proof
texts that contradict such material. Ignorance of the sources is not an
excuse.

Bradley Harrison

 Philip Davies wrote