Re: orion Re: DNA hide tests

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Dear D.D. Stuhlman,

You make some good points. I would like to know if hides
were indeed stockpiled, how long would the velum have
remained pliable and ( smooth things :>)) easy-to-write
on. I don't think the writers of the KQ scrolls would
have written on 200-year-old velum...or would they?
Is there data to show that the hides were stockpiled?
Although there was trading, and since we know of various
trade routes, tribal hierarchies, Nuamis (sp?),camps,
etc. wouldn't getting a better handle on the culture be
interesting?. From where were hides imported (perhaps
from the elusive sea-peoples)?.. DNA matching could
reveal a host of things. Was the "liturgical or
theological state" of the hide/animal important.. if
so,would this delimit our search?

Your points (stockpiling, trading) could also apply to
C14 dating n'est-ce pas?

Elmer Smalling III

-------------------------------------
Name: Elmer E. Smalling III
Jenel Systems and Design International, Inc.
Plano, Texas USA
Phone/Fax 972-491-1442
minus 0700 GMT  CS/DT 11:46:22  10/21/97
HOME PAGE = http://www.connect.net/smalling

E-mail: smalling@connect.net   esmalling@acm.org
smalling@scientist.com
This message was sent by Chameleon