Re: orion ORION: Variables (longish)

Dear Rochelle: This may be an unnecessary deviation from the main discussion:
how the arrangement of the traditional parchment Torah scroll fit in with
your discussion of limits and systems.  I assume that the way modern Torah
scrolls are written as to columns and parchment size  somehow  relates to the
late classic/mediaeval methods. hag sameah, frank rosenthal
PS. This discussion of writing system has taught me a lot about things I know
nothing about, even after a liftime of historical studies. Thanks