Re: orion And about their bowel habits . . .

I have a huge backlog of messages after Rosh Hashanah and haven't yet
seen what others have written, but let me respond at once. It matters a
great deal from my perspective whether one finds latrines (i.e. permanent
structures) at Qumran or ad hoc holes dug anew for the purpose each time
with a shovel. Whatever the new evidence is, a conclusion about the
connection between Qumran and Josephus's Essenes will require careful
consideration of this point.
Al Baumgarten