Re: orion "Pure food" in 1QS

Respose to Dave Washburn:
   I now see your dilemma more clearly. Yes, that does seem to be the
semantic shift in 1QS 6.25 and 7.3, where +HRT has been rendered as "pure
meal" by Vermes and "pure food" by Garcia Martinez. In addition, Garcia
Martinez translates +HRT HMQDS as "victuals of the temple" in 11QT 47.17.
It escapes my memory at the moment, but does the Clines Dictionary extend
as far as +? If so, I can check tomorrow to see if there is any helpful
information there. I am not sure off hand the origin of the usage to
designate a pure meal of the community. I will also consult TDOT tomorrow
to see if there is anything to indicate when the shift occurred.

-- Sarah Melcher