Re: orion "Pure food" in 1QS

Request of Dave Washburn:

Dave, you have raised some interesting questions about how the semantic
range of certain words can change over time. Would you let the list know
specifically which passages you are consulting? I will consult
Charlesworth to see if I can't find the contexts to which you are
referring. I am engaged in research and writing now that attempts to
incorporate synchronic and diachronic approaches to try to discern the
segment of the semantic continuum that is represented by the cultural unit
associated with these individual signs. I am finding that semiotics can
provide a theoretical underpinning for the kind of research that we are
doing. Which passages that use T-H-R-H are you studying?

-- Thanks, Sarah Melcher