orion Zealots

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Orionists:

    In the continuing debates over who owned the DSS, Essenes,
Sadducees,
Pharisees.....has anyone ever posed that it could have been the Zealots?

I seem to recall a reference, and I don't remember where, that the caves

of the Dead Sea area were used by Jewish rebel groups during both the
Jewish War and the bar Kochba revolts.  I have not seen anything on the
archaeological reports of use of the caves after the caching of the
scrolls.
    The enigmatic Copper Scroll was situated separately from the rest
of the material in Cave 3, from my understanding, and its closer
similarity to Mishnaic Hebrew makes me wonder if it was not later.

    I have also read some opinions that the putative Qumran group may
have been part of the Masada group.

    Any thoughts on this?

Jack

--