Re: orion dss and rabbis

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

It appears that Popper hasn´t got to Duke after all. Falsifiability as a
criterion means that, to qualify as a theory, an assertion has in principle
to be falsifiable. Since Stephen contrives his own Essenes, and has
knowledge of Pharisee theology prior to the historical documents of
Pharisaic discussion, I understand perfectly how he can claim that pesher
Nahum coheres with these views. But it does not seem to me that anything is
being asserted that is capable of falsification. Sort of like the claim the
pesher Nahum was written by little green men from Arcturus, which is
likewise unfalsifiable on present evidence...

Frederick H. Cryer
Assoc. Prof. for Research
Univ. of Copenhagen
Faculty of Theology