orion The Annals of the Han Dynasty"

Dear Judith Romney Wegner:

This is a librarian speaking.  Dr. West was not writing a formal paper that
requires exact citations.  His reference was adequate for me to look up the
information in less than a minute on OCLC First Search.  Below I printed
the entire record.

Donnie Stuhlman
===================================
>[snip]
>>to be inside something called "The Annals of the Han Dynasty"
>

>>I am not a Chinese Scholar, but merely someone working next door to a
>>library.  This stuff is easily looked up.
>

>David West
>

>Dear David West,
>
> It would be even more easily looked up if you had bothered to give us the
>exact citation  --
>
>>said to be inside something called "The Annals of the Han Dynasty"   is
>>NOT a citation!
>
>If you want list members to take this seriously you will have to tell us
>more about where you found it.... One cannot assess the credibility of the
>material without knowing something about the source!
>

>Judith Romney Wegner
>Connecticut College

 Pan, Ku, 32-92.
    TITLE: The history of the former Han dynasty,
    PLACE: [Taipei,
PUBLISHER:  Book World,
     YEAR: ? 1960 1969
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 1 v in 3. fold. map. 26cm.
    NOTES: English and Chinese.
           Ch'ien Han shu, History of the former Han dynasty, generally
           attributed to Pan Ku, was begun by his father, Pan Piao, and
           completed by his sister, Pan Chao. Cf. Giles, H.A.  Chinese
           biographical dictionary.  1898.
           Originally published in 1938 by Waverly Press, Baltimore.
           --1. Translation, v. 1. First division: The imperial annals,
           chapters 1-5. Translation, v. 2. First division: The imperial
           annals, chapters 6-10.  Translation, v. 3. Imperial annals
           11 and 12 and the memoir of Wang Mang.
  SUBJECT: China -- History -- Han dynasty, 202 B.C.-220 A.D.
    OTHER: Pan, Chao, 1st century.

Daniel D. Stuhlman

Hebrew Theological College
Saul Silber Memorial Library