Re: orion Possible Chinese - Jewish contact in 105BCE (some say 115BCE)

>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 13:20:58 -0500
>To: orion@mscc.huji.ac.il
>From: David West <dlwest@galstar.com>
>Subject: Possible Chinese - Jewish contact in 105BCE (some say 115BCE)
>

>  For me at least, the following information came as a surprise and is said
>to be inside something called "The Annals of the Han Dynasty"

[snip]

>I am not a Chinese Scholar, but merely someone working next door to a
>library.  This stuff is easily looked up.

David West

Dear David West,

 It would be even more easily looked up if you had bothered to give us the
exact citation  --

>said to be inside something called "The Annals of the Han Dynasty"   is
>NOT a citation!

If you want list members to take this seriously you will have to tell us
more about where you found it.... One cannot assess the credibility of the
material without knowing something about the source!

Judith Romney Wegner
Connecticut College