Re: orion chronology clarification

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Orion Center wrote:

> From: David Goldman <davic@pop.erols.com>
> Subject: POSTING RE: CHRONOLOGY- Clarification
>
> Traditional Jewish chronology calculates the Destruction of the First
> Temple not at 486 BCE but at 3338 from Creation which was 850 years after
> the entry into Canaan.
	If by "traditional Jewish chronology" you mean Seder Olam Zuta,
you are referring to specifically rabbinic chronology, which cannot be
imputed to any other Second Temple group. If you don't mean Seder Olam
Zuta, what are you calling "traditional Jewish chronology?" And I take it
you mean 586 BCE?

M Jaffee